Working from Home Tips
Here are my tips on how to stay sane and maintain a work life balance. I can't say I always success at all of this - but it is what I strive for!
1) Get up each day and do YOUR morning routine. If you just hang out in your PJs all day - its easy to start to feel depressed.
- Make a list of what you did before, and make sure you keep doing them.
- Now is the time to add good habits, and break bad ones.
- Eat a healthy breakfast, shower, get dressed, work out, floss, meditate, pray etc....
2) Have a "spot" that is your "office". When you are there you are working.
- This will also help define a difference between working and not working. This can be 2 different chairs or 2 different rooms anything.
3) Done forget to eat/don't overeat/drink. I've honestly had both issues.
- Its easy to get absorbed into your "job" and forget to come up for air - take a break and eat meals. Don't do this.
- Make sure you take time to feed yourself healthy food.
- Conversely - just because the kitchen is steps away - doesn't mean you should eat more than you normally do (or drink more coffee).
- This should be an opportunity to eat more healthy because you can control the food.
- Remember to drink water!
4) Be physically active.
- Don't forget to get up and walk around once in awhile during the day.
- Stand and do your job at times if you can
- If you have a phone call and don't need your computer - walk around during the call
- Get some fresh air when its nice outside - set up your office outside if you can - to take a walk at lunch
- How will your day end? What will you do? Where will you go?
- I used to go to a yoga class. It was a great way to end my day as I had a time I needed to be there.
- Now that I can't GO to yoga I try to DO yoga on my own or go on a walk.
- I'm also spending more time in the kitchen cooking meals with more people home all day and eating more - I need to spend more time doing that.
6) Have activities that you look forward to when you are not working
- Remember to do activities you enjoy outside of work.
- Take time for your hobbies or develop some new ones
- Reach out and call people
7) Have a bed-time routine
- Have a way to unwind at the end of they
- Still do your normal stuff to get ready for bed
- Get a good nights sleep
So in summary Have a good Plan and execute it! Good Luck!
1) Good Morning Routine
2) Go to the "office"
3) Remember to eat/drink healthy
4) Be Physically Active
5) Have a way to end your work day
6) Do non-work activities
7) Good Bed-time Routine